All about world mental health day
There are so many different days to mark different occasions all over the world and one day that is globally “celebrated” is mental health day.
World mental health day falls on October 10th every year and its purpose is to basically help stop the stigma about conditions that so many of us suffer from.
World mental health day definition raises awareness so that people suffering from mental illness can hold their head up high whatever they are going through.
Some facts about mental health
– 1 in 3 adults are going to suffer from some kind of mental health issue during their lifetime whether that be anxiety, depression, bi-polar or a similar condition.
The likelihood is that you reading this or someone in your immediate family is suffering right now.
– 1 in 10 children have mental health problems and this number is in fact rising.
People assume that they are not old enough to have “real” problems but this is not true.
– Many people do not seek help for their difficulties because they are ashamed but this should NOT be the case.
Ignoring mental health problems will not make them go away, in fact they usually make them worse.
How world mental health day can help
It is important to celebrate mental health day because it shows people who are going through a tough time, that they are not alone.
It also helps to teach people who might be slightly more ignorant about mental health, that it is nothing to be embarrased about. Teaching the world about such issues can only help the mental health cause rather than hinder it.
Another reason why world mental health day is celebrated is so that various mental health charities can raise money.
This can help raise funding for therapy, medications, mental health establishments and staff who specialize in mental health all around the world.
Even if you do not suffer from mental health, I urge you to raise awareness this coming world mental health day.
Donations to your local mental health charity will of course be appreciated but understanding for the condition is more important than money.
World mental health day definition is significant to so many people young and old.
Remember if you suffer from mental illness, that although it is a part of you – it does not define who you are as a person.
Seeking help is really important so that you can overcome your problems and become the happiest person you can be.
- Tips for Choosing a Perfect Staircase Design
- Top Tips for Summer Cooking
- Benefits of CBD Gummies
- Why Companies Should Outsource Their Call Centers
- How to Choose an Ideal Warehouse Solution
- Tips for Hiring a Custom T-Shirt Printing Company
- Top Benefits of Transformer Toys for Kids
- Things That Might Have Been Sabotaging Your Business
- Types of Custom Leather Patches
- Pamper your puppies to the core
- Choosing the best toy kitchen for your kid
- Various Uses Of A Heat Sealing Machine
- What to consider when opening your own business
- Find cranes for hire
- THE ULTIMATE WAY TO AVOID FORECLOSURE OF YOUR PROPERTY
- How to Choose the Best Archery Target
- Helping your baby sleep
- How Celebrities Lose Weight
- Health Benefits Of Using A Pregnancy Pillow
- Top Five Benefits Of Designer PH Lamp
- Benefits of HVAC maintenance
- Picking the Right Front Door
- Effective Way Of Repaying Student Loans Faster
- What is Surface Dressing and What are Its Benefits?
- Five Reasons For Hiring Water Damage Emergency Experts
- Qualities of Professional Website Designers NJ
- Services you Expect from a SEO Company
- 5 Amazing Prom Hairstyles for Short Hair
- Advantages Of Using Bail boat For Carp Fishing
- Beginners Guide To Carp Fishing Equipment
- How many high schools are there in New York City
- Air conditioning systems – The important features
- Benefits of using taxi services
- Local Business SEO
Follow me on Twitter